DATE: October 27, 2020
TIME: 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM (Pacific)
An important aspect of team-based care has always been the co-location of the primary and extended care team members. However, upon the necessity to meet patient’s needs virtually; clinical and operational leaders of health centers had to re-envision the care delivery; including staff roles and responsibilities, operational workflows, policies and procedures, and other aspects of care.
In this program, we will review lessons learned from Community Health Center, Inc about how they leveraged their team-based care model to function virtually. We will review each role on the interdisciplinary care team and discuss their importance in a successful re-implementation of team-based care in the virtual world. This will include a discussion of the role of an interdisciplinary executive leadership team that includes Chiefs of Medicine, Nursing, Behavioral Health and Dentistry to work together to seamlessly transition and recover from clinical, operational and financial challenges due to crises such as COVID 19.
"This resource is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number U30CS29049 entitled "Training and Technical Assistance National Cooperative Agreements (NCAs)" for grant amount $2,045,000 with 0% financed with non-governmental funds. This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government."
- Understand roles and responsibilities of care team members (including: front office, medical assistant, provider, BH staff, and non-clinical support staff).
- Review communication strategies for maintaining clinical and operational integration virtually.
- Review strategies for virtual warm hand-offs between primary care and behavioral health.
- Veena Channamsetty, MD, FAAFP, Chief Medical Officer, Community Health Center, Inc.
- R. Timothy Kearney, Ph.D., Chief Behavioral Health Officer, Community Health Center, Inc.
Mary Blankson, DNP, APRN, FNP-C, Chief Nursing Officer, Community Health Center, Inc.
Payment is due at time of registration. A 10% service fee will be applied for invoicing options.
* Webinar fees are temporarily being covered by 2020/21 membership dues as part of CPCA's pandemic response for members in good standing.
- CPCA Member: NONE
- Non Member Health Center: $100
- Associates: $112.50
- Non Member, Non Health Center: $125
HOW TO REGISTER
In order to register for any CPCA event, you must first be logged in to your account. If you do not have an account, you can create one. If you do not remember your login credentials, please email email@example.com. Once logged in, click the Register button, answer any questions that appear on the screen and click Save Responses. Continue scrolling to the bottom of the page and click Proceed to Checkout. Lastly, complete all payment details and click, Submit. You will receive one immediate email with a receipt of your order. Subsequent emails will follow with additional details. You can watch our brief registration tutorial video here. If you still have difficulty, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration is required for all CPCA training and events. You will receive two email communications immediately upon registering. The first is simply a receipt. The second from email@example.com and will contain webinar access information. This email will only be delivered to the individual who is registered for the event and will contain a unique link for a single connection. We recommend you add this event to your calendar using the link contained in your webinar access email. If you do not receive this email, please check your spam/junk folders before contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation Policy: No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after 10/20/2020.
To receive a refund, all cancellations must be in writing and must be received by emailing email@example.com according to the following schedule:
- Cancellations received on or before 20 business days of the event will result in a full refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- Cancellations received on or before 10 business days of the event will result in a 50% refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- Cancellations received on or before 5 business days of the event will result in a 25% refund minus a 10% processing fee.
- No refunds will be offered for cancellations received after 5 business days before the event.
- Cancellations after the conclusion of the event are non-refundable.
- Substitutions are encouraged.
- “No Shows” are non-refundable.
For more information regarding our policies, please visit the training homepage.
CPCA uses GoToWebinar for all web-based training events. For a preview of the environment, check out https://www.gotomeeting.com/webinar.
Disclaimer: The information on this session is intended only to provide a general overview of the topics addressed. This session is not intended to provide legal advice or substitute for the guidance, counsel or advice of legal counsel on any matters particular to a specific primary care clinic. CPCA does not endorse companies or products. Advertising and sponsorship revenue supports our not-for-profit mission.